Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Year

2010 is my only full year in Romania and it is starting off with crazy weather. New Years was only a little cold and then the Sunday before school started it snowed, but the by the end of the week it was warm again and now it is snowing. My kids are active and ready for a new semester to start. This will happen at the end of this month at which time I will start working with my true counterpart. The students and I are still working on trying to understand each other. As of now I am starting a new semester since I turned in my grades for last semester. My students are now being given the option of doing extra credit assignments. They will also be required to participate in a debate that is worth half their grade. I don't think this has gotten through to the 7 classes I have talked to this week, but it will. In addition we are working on speaking through the homework assignment of telling me a news story. This idea as well as that of the class debate were things that I did during the AP government class and I must give credit to my teacher Sav one of the best history teachers I have ever had in my life.
In cat news my now teenage cat has discovered the TV and will now go from watching it to attacking it.
Here is to 2010 I expect it will be an interesting year

No comments:

Post a Comment