Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rain

It has been some time since I last posted and that is partly due to how quite it has been at site in the past few months. School is out and I am spending my time studying for the GRE and continuing an English Club started by my site mates. I am now site mate less having said good bye to my last two site mates last week. It is odd being the only one left in a town that has had so many PCV's for so long. I have been in Romania for all most 13 months now with 12 to go until I return to the USA. It was strange seeing my site mates go off and making me think about what it will be like to return to Arizona next year. I know time will fly especially when school starts again and next July will be here before I know it. This past year has flown by and from what I have heard the second year goes by even faster. I know few things for certain but what I do know is simple. First it will be a long trip home around 17 hours in the air and who knows how long waiting in airports and that does not take into account the 12 hours it takes to get to HQ and the time spent there. Kendra will be very mad at me since she will spend a great deal of time in a cage and then be exposed to strange people, loud noises, dogs and the over sized cement oven that is central AZ in July. I also know that it will be hard to return to a world that has become alien.
For now however I must focus on the present. I have to get through the rest of the summer, MST, health checks, meeting my parents in Wales, and the dreaded GRE.
A note about the weather, I have seen the sun only a few times this summer and it keeps raining. I don't remember it being like this last summer and despite beliefs that say other wise the sun does shine in Eastern Europe it just has not lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment