Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Home at last


Here I am at my site at long last. I will be living in a studio apartmenton the second floor of a small apartment building. My site is a mediumsize town situated in the hills of northern Transylvania. my site has had Peace Corps Volunteers almost from the beginning of the Peace Corps. Itis a town of hills and like most towns in Romania it is full ofchurches. I am working on getting all the things I need to livecomfortably in Romania for the next two years. In the next few weeks Ihope to get started helping out at the local library and getting to knowthe school I will be working at as well as the rest of the town.

One thing I have learned in these past few months in Romania is thatRomanians are some of the most giving and helpful people I have everknown. During my long trip from my training site to my site number of Romanians helped me with my luggage even though I had notask anyone for help. My only complaint about this country is that the mosquitoes like to drink my American blood a little too much.

I want to introduce to you all now to my roommate who has traveled with me from Tragoviste. Kendra is a three month old calico kitten who nowhelps to keep me from being too lonely in this new city. She and I have traveled a long way together and in two years she will hopefully be able to return with me to the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment