Thursday, April 22, 2010

Advice for Group 27

For those of you who are now part of group 27 who got the address to this blog from information given to you by Peace Corps please check this blogs achieves for posts from my own PST. I gave advice about PST then. The best advice can give you now is don’t over pack, electronic reading devices are a good investment, bring along one or more long lighters that you use to light fire places and barbeques and beware of dogs. Also a little computer advice get the best anti virus you can find, never plug external devices into your computer that you has been plugged anywhere else. This includes Peace Corps computers. My computer crashed on me during training as did the computers of a few others in my group, it has also nearly crashed due to the plugging in of my thumb drive into my schools computer and one of my students plugging their thumb drive into mine.

If you want pictures of the parts of Romania I have seen, mainly my site, my originally planed site and my cat but also pictures form last years counterpart conference you can check out http://romanianpeacecorpsexperence.shutterfly.com/ this is where I post all my pictures since it is free and easy to put them up there.

The only other thing I can tell you about PST is one it will end and two the staff is doing their best and it is not their fault that the computers in the lounge keep breaking down and that it is unbearably hot. Also, do your best with learning the language and focus on speaking it not getting all the grammar right. Me I speak very little Romanian though I did try. I might have improved if one I tried more after I got to site and two if my school was not Hungarian and I did not find out that my school not my site would be Hungarian until the last minuet. Please check archives for information on my site change and why unless there is a medical problem or security problem as in my case you do not want to do this. I love my site and would not change anything now but it is a pain to change sites and Peace Corps will not do it unless there is a very good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment