Thursday, April 22, 2010

Recent events in the life of a Romanian Peace Volunteer

With yet another teachers strike I am off today and able to do nothing, well all most nothing. I do need to take out the trash, go to the little store near my place and use cut up bug netting to use as screens on my windows.
Have no school today is both a good thing and a bad thing, first I don’t have to deal with one of my afternoon classes whom I spend most of the time yelling at them to be quite, but I need to get Pen Pal letters back from everyone of these classes so I can send them on to Maryland before their school year ends.
No the reason for the screens is mainly that the area near my stove has no ventilation and the one window near that area has the heater next to it. The cat likes to get up on the heater and so risks falling out the window.
The reason I need to go the store is because I am out of soda, chocolate and potato chips. In my now nearly 11 months in Romania I have become addicted to potato chips. It is now 1pm and I really do need to get take the garbage out but I will try and blog more.

No comments:

Post a Comment