Saturday, April 24, 2010

Problems in Romania

It is Saturday and am at a low point in my service. Reason for this I spilt soda on my laptop and it maybe unfixable. Reason for this my apartment has little furniture, no window screens and no ventilation by the stove. So I was using the chair I normally use as a table as a stool and stupidly put a glass of soda by my computer. I am currently using a site mates extra laptop to be able to connect to the outside world so I can continue to survive at site. If my laptop is unfixable I will have to buy a new one here and spend about 300 USD. To add to this I am sick making this all worse, that and even though I have a sore throat I still don‘t like tea. A note on Peace Corps Medical kits they are basically a well stocked first add kit. For any of you planning on joining the Peace Corps no mater what country you are in it is advisable to bring any drugs you would use to deal with medical problems. Thos does not only mean prescription meds but over the counter cold medications, pain killers, cough remedies, sinus and allergy meds and anything else you can think of no mater how small. I don’t care what country you are in having to get meds for any countries Peace Corps HQ is bound to be a pain in the rump. For mean it means a 12 hour train ride at night, two subway trains and a walk through the wild dog and crazy driver infested streets of Bucharest. Also for all those girls out there who have any form of PMS bring the drugs and anything else you would use to get ride of pain with you. Even here in semi civilized Romania it is hard to get relief form the pain. Now must talk to parents over skype while they look at a map of Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment