Sunday, May 9, 2010

The end of computer problems sort of

Well I got the new computer but when my external cd rom drive I called on a Romanian friend for help. She sent me to a friend of her brothers who when he could not get the thing to work took of my official windows and but some unofficial one on there. This did not solve the problem and in fact caused more problems. In the end I had to go to the computer teacher at school to repair some of the damage done to the computer. Now to top it off my Kindle broke and has to be replaced a second time and my old IPod would not work with the new computer so I had to get a new one.
The moral of the story: For PCV’s living in third world European countries like Romania it is better to trust the electronics people where you work. Why because at least in Romania most people do not understand that having a pirated form of a computer software is illegal in most countries but that it is wrong to steel. Unfortunately among the common people of Romania this idea has not caught on. This is in part because some laws are not enforced. I suspect this enforcement will come with time.
The other moral to this story is: When in foreign counties where you plan to stay for long periods of time, be very careful with your electronics. As for me I have gotten everything working to the extent that it will work. I have just under 14 months before I will return to the USA and school ends in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment